Wednesday, May 7, 2008

“These Are Not the Hotties You Are Looking For:" Part 2

There is, of course, another Jedi power I could wildly abuse: the Jedi Mind Trick.

The basic problem though is that I’m not really mean enough to really abuse it. I would do silly things like order a Big Mac meal and then Jedi Mind Trick the cashier into giving me a Super Size for free. Actually, I probably wouldn’t even do that, as it might get the cashier in trouble. I’ve worked food service. The people behind the counter don’t need any more grief.
Which begs the question, what would I use it for?

(insert hand wave)
“No, Officer, I’m pretty sure I was going 35.”
“You want to poop in the litterbox.” (to my cat)
“Go read Wayfarer’s Moon and vote for it daily. And read the blog. And join the forum and post. And buy a t-shirt.”

However, my number one use for the Jedi Mind Trick would be as follows:

Me: “Hi, would you like to go out Friday?”
Hot Girl: “Uhhhh, no. I have to wash my hair.”
Me: (hand wave) “Your hair looks fine.”
Hot Girl: “Oh. Sorry, I need to vacuum.”
Me: (hand wave) “Do it later.”
Hot Girl: “Yeah. Ummm, I have to fly to Venezuela.”
Me: (hand waves self) “She’s not interested, move along.”

Granted, if I had Jedi Powers, other people would surely have them as well, so the above conversation would probably go like this instead:

Me: “Hi, would you like to go out Friday?”
Hot Girl: “Uhhhh, no. I have to wash my hair.”
Me: (hand wave) “Your hair looks fine. You should go out with me”
Hot Girl: (hand wave) “This is not the hottie you are looking for. Move along.”
Me: “You are not the hottie I am looking for. Moving along.”

Later: Part 3

No comments: