Tuesday, May 6, 2008

“These Are Not the Hotties You Are Looking For”: Part 1

So, in the forums (which I urge everyone to go, read, and post abundantly), a conversation started about Jedi powers. Several people, myself included, maintained that we would only use our powers for good.

But then I realized I was completely lying. I would use my Jedi powers for whatever the hell I wanted.

Oh, I’m not saying I would go Sith and force choke the lady at the DMV or decapitate a line of people at the supermarket with a shopping cart so I wouldn’t have to wait, but I would definitely abuse them all the time.

Telekinesis
I would never get up from the couch. I would change channels, pet the cat, get a drink, and if I could figure out how, pee from there too. My apartment would be a virtual hailstorm of items, foodstuffs, and if possible, cheerleaders. I would be sitting happily in the center, trying to see if I could telekinetically throw a corn chip through the wall.

Actually, strike that. I would get up from the couch. I would get up like there was no tomorrow.

I would enter the World Strongman Competition. You know, the one with massive men with names like Magnus ver Magnusson who routinely do things like carrying a Volkswagen Bug full of inebriated goats while performing the ‘Arabesque’ from the Nutcracker Suite (note: that comment is the sum total of everything I know about ballet).

I would be the out-of-shape nerd calmly carrying an 800-pound ice sculpture of a duck with one hand. It would rock, at least until the other competitors beat me to death with 400-pound scale models of Finland.

Tomorrow: Part 2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Judging by the movies, using telekinesis seems kind of tricky, so maybe it'd just be easier to do things manually when it's possible?

Anonymous said...

I am not sure about the Telekinesis thing either. I think I would go for something sneaker than that. I like the little mind control tricks.
"You want to give me a raise."
"I want to give you raise. Move along now."

By the way Your comments are great. I started reading Wayfarer Moon, just so I could catch up on what you have been thinking.
I have come to the conclusion that; Dude you need a life. (Maybe stand up comedy.)

Jason Janicki said...

Hey Gillsing!

The weird thing is, buzybee06, I think I have one. I am so busy with WM and blogging and work and the various other things I do, I actually relish getting to plop in front of the TV and not do anything for an hour or two.

And thanks! Glad to hear it!