Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Confidentiality: Part 2

I now know more about this random stranger’s sex life (and that of her friends) than I do my own and that’s saying something, as I live in my head. She used terms, frankly, that I would be shocked to learn my mother already knew.

This woman was already talking when I sat down and was still going when I got up. It was a tsunami of gossip, innuendo, dirt, more gossip, a couple of fetishes I hadn’t heard of, more innuendo, more dirt, and then a complete abandonment of innuendo, featuring graphic descriptions of various people’s body parts and what they liked to do with them.

Note: Steve and Cheryl, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Or film it and start selling it on the web. Either one.

It was amazing, but it got me thinking. You all know I’m sure, about doctor/patient confidentiality laws, which also include lawyer/client and priest/parishioner. This basically states that your doctor can’t tell anyone about things going on in your body without your permission, no matter how funny they might be. Well, after listening to that woman, I think Hairdressers (including stylists, barbers, and anyone else connected to the hair-removal/trimming professions) need this same law applied to them, because that woman would be in so much trouble if her stylist told the wrong person a tenth of what she said.

Tomorrow: The Conclusion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And the next time you get your hair cut, you'll have to sign a confidentiality agreement before entering the establishment.

Also tomorrow: You linking to Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Riiight? (It was linked at the TGSA webcomic, but if it hadn't, I might've missed it, because it'll be offline by next week.)

Jason Janicki said...

Offline? Dammit, I was going to use it next week. Oh well, guess I'll have to put it up now.

Thanks :)