Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dragonflight

Well, Dragonflight is over and I'm exhausted. It was 3-days of gaming and about 30-hours of booth time. Leigh, unfortunately, was sick the entire weekend, so I went it alone.

Overall, it went really well. The attendees and all the other dealers were friendly. It had a different 'vibe' from the usual comic cons we attended in the past. Principally, once all the games started, the floor would be empty. Yet, when the games ended, there would suddenly be a mad rush of people all over the place. It was a little weird at first, but you soon got used to it.

Beth and Maria from Famine Lands were a huge help this con and were happy to watch the booth for me so I could take the occasional bathroom break. We also compiled a 'list of evil' to help pass the time. More on that later.

I was also next to the fine people from DragonDyne Publishing, who make the excellent Never When d20 system. They were likewise very cool and I shared my M&Ms with them.

I also had the opportunity to chat with Rob Carlos and his family. Rob is a great artist and a nice guy, so check his site out!

I also had opportunity to talk with Kira from Online Gaming Radio. We will be doing a live interview with them at some point, which I will definately forewarn you about. I will also practice my 'radio' voice, which is not markedly different from my regular voice, save that I pretend I'm wearing sunglasses.

Anyway, it was a good con and got to talk to a lot of very cool people. We made some new friends and got some good exposure for Wayfarer's Moon. I did have several fans come up to chat and it was great to meet them and hear their enthousiasm for the series.

Cheers,
-Jason

No comments: