Sunday, June 8, 2008

Spokane Wrap-Up

Well, we survived.

If you didn't know, it's about five hours from Redmond to Spokane, which isn't too bad, but the good conversation topics dry up pretty quickly. Leigh and I ended up spending the majority of the car trip commenting on place names.

Note: Someone please explain Salmon La Sac? It literally means Salmon Bag. We are curious.

The con itself went really well. It was rather small, but the atmosphere was very easy going and we spent a lot of time talking to both con-goers and people at other booths.

Elizabeth from Famine Lands was there, whom we met at Emerald City. She is (and was) very cool. We also met Eric from PX! who rocked, as well as Lars from Northworld, who also rocked. We sat next to Robert from Hastily Scribbled, who refrained from attacking us with his paper army (and he rocked too). I also had a long chat with Darren from Bluewater Productions and he very graciously answered all my questions.

Eliza, a frequent commenter on the blog, came by and said 'hi!' Actually, she came by and said 'Update more!' I then explained that I can only work Leigh so hard and she seemed to accept that.

We also had several long talks with Deunan from the 501st Legion and learned much about Jedi robes are put together and why it sucks to be a Stormtrooper (other than the obvious).

We even took some pictures with her and Darth Vader:

Deunan, Leigh, Vader


Deunan, Jason (me), Vader


You will note I went with my 'Robin Hood' pose. I thought it appropriate.

Anyhow, a good time was had by all, even though we were not attacked by the living dead and my Zombie Combat kit once again came home unused.

Tomorrow: Epic Battles! In Space!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No tights! you can't do the robin hood pose without tights.
(snicker)

Sorry to hear that you didn't get to use the Zombie kit. It sounds like you have a cool setup there.

My kit has more matches and a map to all the gas stations in the area.
Boom!

Anonymous said...

Almost. I think it was closer to 'Gasp, what happened to Thursdays?!' followed closely by, 'ooh, shiny art!'. ;P

Thanks for the chat, and the book tips!

Jason Janicki said...

Sadly, yes, tights are really necessary. Had I known, I would have totally brought mine.

It was great to meet you, Eliza!