Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Field Marshal von Vacuum: Part 2

I ended up purchasing a large, blue vacuum, upon which I intend at some point to paint hot rod flames. It’s all about style, after all.

I took my new vacuum home and decided to try it out. I admit, I went a little nuts. I actually moved most of the furniture out of my living room, intending to give it the vacuuming of its life and discovered two things:

1. I had dust bunnies large enough to sit under bridges and extort money from travelers. I plan on training them to eat ninjas (it just feels right).
2. My cat had found several new and exciting places to vomit and cough up furballs. More on this later.

After herding the dust bunnies into the spare room and prying the dried husks of furballs off the carpet, I set to vacuuming. My new, blue vacuum sucked. It sucked hard. It sucked so much gunk off the carpet that it was actually a lighter shade of brown when I was done.

It was then that I decided to name my vacuum Field Marshal von Vacuum. It was either that or Sir Sucks-a-Lot. I decided to go with the higher rank. I felt my blue beast of a vacuum deserved it.

I then vacuumed the hall and after moving more furniture, my bedroom.

Later: The bedroom, a tale of woe.

No comments: