Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Invasion: Part 2

“I am Star Admiral Richard Karsis aboard the flagship Farkinator,” the Star Admiral said. “Identify yourself!”

“The Farkinator?” asked the voice, incredulously.

“Yes, what of it?” demanded the Star Admiral.

“Right.” The view-screen shifted and a new helmeted figure appeared, beside Fleet Admiral Throng. “Throng!” the new figure said, “I figured I’d end up fighting you!”

“How nice. Who are you?” Throng asked.

The figure removed his helmet, revealing a man with unruly black hair and a prominent uni-brow.

“Brian?” Both Throng and Karsis exclaimed, simultaneously.

“Hey guys! Long time, eh?”

“I haven’t seen you since high school!” Throng said. “What’ve you been up to?”

“Oh, y’know. Traveling the galaxy, unearthing the lost mystic talismans of Hylaria and deciding to invade the Empire and take over.”

“You can’t!” said the Star Admiral.

“Why not?” Brian asked. “I’ve got a massive fleet and several tons worth of lost magical artifacts. What’ve you got?”

“I’ve got a ginormous fleet and an Obliteratrix Cannon!”

“Really? Where’d you get that?”

“Guys,” Throng suddenly interrupted. “Is this a reunion or an invasion?”

“An invasion!” both men answered promptly.

“Great, who’s going first?”

“Me!” both men answered just as promptly.

The Star Admiral glared at his high school chum. “I was here first!”

“So? I spent 28-years collecting the mystic relics of a long-dead civilization!”

“I enslaved over 40 worlds to build my cannon!”

“I lost my left arm!” Brian held up an empty sleeve with his right hand.

“I got shot in the-“ Richard started to undue his belt, but suddenly thought better of the idea.

“Oh yeah? I’ll tell everyone why they used to call you ‘Stinky Ricky!’”

“You wouldn’t dare!”

“Try me!”

Throng sighed.

No comments: