Monday, June 1, 2009

Rat City Rollergirls

So, this weekend I went to see the Championship match for the Rat City Rollergirls, the Seattle area women's roller derby league.

I'm not normally one to watch sports (I vastly prefer to play), but this was a lot of fun. The players are volunteers (I think everyone associated is) and pay for their own gear and expenses. They obviously love the sport and it showed, as they looked like they were having a great time despite (and perhaps because of) the bruises. There were no egos on display or tantrums like you often see in so-called 'professional' sports. They just had fun.

Anyway, if you want a fun afternoon some time, I heartily recommend checking out one of the matches.



And congratulations to the Derby Liberation Front, the season champs!

Cheers,
-Jason

No comments: