Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wrath

If you happen to be one of the last people on Earth not playing WoW, you may be surprised to hear that Wrath of the Lich King, the most recent expansion has come out. We nerds have been waiting breathlessly for it and can now quest in North Rend to our hearts content. Assuming we can actually get on the server that is.

I haven't actually gone there yet, though I did install the expansion. I'll give it a few months, so I'm not fighting over spawns with everyone else. I'll wait even longer before I make a Deathknight. I just don't need another character right now.

Anyhow, there should, barring major accidents, explosions, ninjas and/or Godzilla attacks, or the implosion of our sun, a new page on Tuesday. And, as an added bonus, I'm just about done with Tales from the Fireside #6! That will be going up this week at some point, just as soon as I get a few last minute edits done.

Expect the usual blogs and weirdness the rest of the week.

Cheers,
-Jason

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not buying Wrath yet. I mean, Death Knights look cool, but I just can't make one yet, since I've only been playing two weeks and my highest-level character (I have eighteen) is only a level fourteen human paladin. Oh well.

Doesn't matter, though, because I'm having a bunch of fun with my gnome engineer. It is incredibly satisfying to make fluffy little woodland creatures go "boom!" with some home-made [Rough Dynamite].

Has anyone noticed how many races have that "one of the last" lines? And how popular those races are?

Gnomes rule.

Unknown said...

The servers are surprisingly stable, no crashes, and only 2 buggy quests so far, both in Howling Fjord. Deathknights = awesomeness btw, and even if you don't like the concept you have to see the starting zone, its spectacular.

Heads up, as of pre-downtime today the fishing achievement in the Dalaran fountain has been bugged. You are supposed to get a coin that you can flip in emotes and will land heads up or down. I have gotten, at last count, 6 pages of mail of this coin /sigh.

Anyway - if you play Alliance on Venture Co say hi, I'll be on Snowfeather or Deathfeather in the Grim Covenant as soon as servers come back. Probably Snow, just hit 74 last night ;)

Jason Janicki said...

Yeah, actually, I've commented to friends on how many of the races were 'pushed to edge of extinction' and yet, funny enough, you can't throw a rock without hitting one of them.

The WotLK release went surprisingly well. It's been pretty smooth, other than the queue's for logging in . . .