Monday, November 10, 2008

Texas! The Return!

Well, we survived Wizard World Texas. All in all, it was a pretty good con, though Texas triggered my allergies like nothing else. I pretty much felt dehydrated the entire trip and drank enough water to float a small ship.

Half the fun of going to the cons is just meeting other professionals and we met a slew this time. Randy 'Rantz' Kantz whom we met before was there. To our left was the talented team from Mediocre Militia, behind us was Pepe Melan of Permanent Muzic, across from us was Amano Jyaku (may not be work safe) and Mark Henry. Also in the area were the brothers from HB Comics, Frank Cho, Talent Chadwell, and many others. Leigh also got to meet Matt Wagner (I didn't :().

I also have to say that the Texas con-goers were very polite and we kept having to tell people it wasn't necessary to call us 'sir.' I don't know if that's a Texas thing or just general Southern manners, but it made for a very pleasant trip.

Well, I got in at 2 am last night, so I'm going to hit the hay. Expect the usual weirdness during the week :)

Cheers,
-Jason

No comments: