Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vote! Pretty Please!

We have a problem.

The problem is that Wayfarer's Moon is not in the Top Ten on Top Web Comics. This makes me sad.

The solution is for all of you, our intelligent, attractive, readers, to vote for us. It's really quite simple, as all you need to do is press the Vote button on the right side of the comic.

It looks like this:


Once you press the button, you will need to press one more, corresponding to the choice presented. It should take about five seconds.

Ideally, we'll get more votes and will move down the rankings, thus attracting more readers and more votes. Eventually, we will hit #1. This, of course, is the first stage in our plan for world domination.

NOTE: I haven't actually thought far enough ahead to actually figure out the rest of the stages, though I'm pretty sure one of them will involve me in a hot tub with Super Models.

So, pretty please vote for us. Rather than just navigate away, just click on the button and do the next step. It's quick, it's easy, and it's fun.

If you don't, I may cry. This is not a pleasant sight, just ask Leigh.

In other news, I will be updating Art the Wanderer on Monday. In other, other news, it's freakin' hot up here. In other, other, other news, I like cheese.

I'll stop now.

Cheers,
-Jason

5 comments:

The ADHD Adult said...

I was thinking of demanding twice a week updates before voting but then I realized that would be bastardly and regular updates of Art the Wanderer and the comic *ahem cough cough REGULAR cough cough* are cool. I voted. I honestly don't know how much time it takes to produce these comics (thought I know pretty much about the writing) and would live to see twice a week updates.... again if I remember correctly...




I voted. :D

I'm also Canadian. I just wanted to say that. This comic is international!

"gunneder" said...

i got a google broken link page directing me to "buzz comics" google page, but nothing about voting for this comic
"gunner"

Jason Janicki said...

Thanks, Darren!

A page actually takes about three days to produce, not counting the writing. A day to pencil, a day to ink, and a day to color. This is not counting thumbnailing and stuff like that.

Obviously, two days a week for Leigh is not bad, but you have to consider that he is doing contract jobs as well in order to keep working on the comic. He puts in a lot of weekend hours to make ends meet and frankly, I occasionally tell him to take time off so he doesn't burn out.

In an ideal world, WM would bring in enough money to support Leigh and enough to hire an inker as well. That way Leigh could concentrate on pencils and we could get more updates out. Obviously, that is not currently happening.

We would love to update more. We'd love to update three times a week, but we just can't afford it right now.

Anyway, thanks a ton for voting! More votes = better rating, which = more eyes, which = more votes, etc. Get your friends to vote, get your family to vote, get everyone to vote! :)

Try the other button, gunner. The 'Top Web' button. The old one doesn't work and we can't afford to take it off right now. Thanks!

TX_Val said...

Yeah, I don't know how much time it takes to put into this. That and I'm still not sure when you say a day to ink. I assume he has a full time job, or was doing something to make money, so I didn't know if 'a day' was 2 or 3 hours, or if he's slaving away 8+ hours a day to get a page out. There's a lot of background detail in the pages too, and I'm sure that really adds the time.

Either way you guys do a good job, and I'll try to remember to vote more often for ya. I usually try to click on a ad link for the pages I visit, to help them out. Sometimes I forget though.

Thanks for the entertainment.
OH, I would say that the vote button was kind of hidden with those larger images around it.

Remember some of us get distracted by shiny things. :)

MOO

Jason Janicki said...

A day is pretty much 8 hours, so a full work day to pencil and one to ink. This is in addition to the contract work he does, so Leigh has a full life.

Thanks, Val! We appreciate all the clicking :)