Monday, July 27, 2009

Dance!

Well, we made it back from Comic-Con! Everything went well, though Leigh and I are dead tired.

Sadly, Leigh did not win the Russ Manning Award he was nominated for. I would, however, like to congratulate Eleanor Davis, a very fine artist, for her win. Leigh was honored just to be nominated and we got VIP seats for the Eisners, meaning we got to sit in the middle of a veritable sea of comic greats (who, coincidentally, have now all heard of Wayfarer's Moon!).

I did get a bunch of costume photos from the con, which I'll be posting on our Facebook account later (and which I will link to) as well as write up a full report on the goings on for your amusement.

In the meantime, check this out:


A truly amazing piece.

Cheers,
-Jason

4 comments:

TX_Val said...

Beautiful.
Glad to see you guys are back.
Disappointed there wasn't a cat fight though.

MOO

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen this before. If I remember correctly, the truly amazing thing about this piece is that they're all deaf

Jonnalyhn Wolfcat Hall said...

Much as I can be glad for Elizabeth, I still wish Leigh had won. :P

I'm enjoying the additional views of Haith while preparing for next year's Emerald City Comiccon.

Jason Janicki said...

Thanks, TX_Val!

Yeah, I read that after posting. Apparently, it took them ten years to get to the level they're at. Truly an amazing troupe.

Yeah, me too :)