Thursday, March 31, 2011

Addicted

I’ll admit it. I’m addicted to YouTube.

A couple of weeks ago, I heard a song from the ‘80s that was stuck in my head, so on a whim I looked it up on YouTube. Now, I spend inordinate amounts of time looking up artists and watching/listening to the videos. I’ll find a video, watch it, notice a link to another video, click on that, and suddenly realize I’ve been watching videos for an hour and a half and I’m on fire.

Right now, I’m listening to ‘Space Age Love Song’ by Flock of Seagulls. I remember when the song first came out (sigh, old) and for reasons too complicated to explain, was reminded of it. So, of course, I looked it up and can now re-experience my youth, where I sat for hours watching MTV whenever my parents would let me.

And for my younger readers, yes, MTV used to play music videos.

It’s kinda fun and nostalgic. I’m not so much of a snob to insist that it was all ‘real music,’ but some of it was pretty good. And yes, some of it was really, really bad.

NOTE: The first video I ever saw was the Steve Miller Band’s Abracadabra. I had no idea what it was, but was completely mesmerized. Yes, I just watched it.

In other news, it’s been yet another productive week here at Single Edge Studios. Pages were penciled. Sentences were written. Ninjas were fought. Dog poop was stepped in. Those last two aren’t related, but I thought I’d share.

Have a fun and safe weekend.

Cheers,
-Jason

No comments: