Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Twitter: Part 1

A few days ago, a reader suggested I should start Twittering. Here is the actual email:

Hello.

I am a Nigerian prince who has ben fled the country of Nigeria. Because of the sudden of my leaving, I lose much money. I am look for a good friend to help. Are you a good friend? Do you like large men with many muscles? Everyone says I am best man in whole of Nigeria.

Oh, wait. Wrong email. Here’s the actual text:

You should totally twitter.

Now, I’ve heard of Twitter, but wasn’t exactly sure what it entails. Apparently, you send very small messages (140 characters or less) to friends and such (I assume). 140 characters is not much. I’m not sure I can express the wonder and majesty that is my life in a mere 140 characters (91 characters, if we’re counting spaces).

The other question: what the hell would I twitter about? (56)

I realize my life sounds exciting. I mean, I design video games and have a (barely noticed) blog. In reality, designing video games is a lot of hard work. Sure, I fight ninjas, race speedboats, romance super models, and find forgotten cities of gold on a weekly (daily, if we’re crunching) basis, but trust me, it’s not as exciting after you’ve been doing it a few years.

Tomorrow: Part 2

4 comments:

Zatoichi said...

Quoting Wonderella:

"It's like a 19th Century Telegraph!

The future is NOW!"

Jason Janicki said...

Good one!

s.p. bathless said...

"Hello.
I am a Nigerian prince who has ben fled the country of Nigeria. Because of the sudden of my leaving, I lose much money. I am look for a good friend to help. Are you a good friend? Do you like large men with many muscles? Everyone says I am best man in whole of Nigeria."

-----------------------------
hello nigerian prince,
i would like to help you but for one small problem. i am currently serving 99 years to life in prison for mopery with intent to gawk. if you can advance me the sum of $1.6 million dollars to bribe the guards to facilate my escape i will lead you to the location of $50 million hidden by a spanish prisoner before his sad demise via an act of buggery by his very large cell mate. please reply soonest as his cellmate has been looking at me and smiling strangely.
your friend,
scrufulous p. bathless

Jason Janicki said...

Hah!

Dearest friend bathless,
I do not have such large money, though my muscls are large and perfect. Maybe I send you file in a pie? Guards never know!