Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Only One . . .

I think I may be the only person left on the planet who has not yet seen the Avengers. I was going to go on Friday, but I was called away for an emergency clown punching. Fortunately, it turned out to be a false alarm and the clown was released back into the wild where it belonged.

Where it was promptly bitten by a mime.

At any rate, I hope to see the Avengers next weekend, before I lose all nerd credibility. I intend to fake it at work and sidestep any conversations regarding the film by pointing out that Captain America was not the 'first Avenger' as the movie ads claim. Hopefully, this alpha display of nerdity will cow the others and keep me at the apex of geekdom at the office.

Not the greatest claim to fame I know, but we all have to have something.

Look forward to new panels on Tuesday and Thursday and the usual blog on Wednesday. The weird 'really large font' problem on the site seems to have rectified itself, so things will proceed as usual.

Cheers,
-Jason

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen it either! I had work to do on that day... Then I got sick. XP

Keep defending us from mime and clown attacks!! Those things are bloody SCARY.

Mason010 said...

In the 60's the original team was Iron Man, Ant Man, Wasp, Hulk, and Thor, Cap was found under the ice a few issues later.

Could you enlighten me as to who you believe the first avenger is?

Unless you are referring to Isaiah Bradley, although he was an attempt to re-create the formula, not test it before it was given to Cap.

Jason Janicki said...

Keeping the world safe from clowns and mimes is a duty I do not take lightly. Unless there's something really good on TV, then, I'll have to think about it :)

Well, Mason010, my point is more that while Captain America was born before the Avengers were created and is therefore arguably the second oldest (I think Thor wins there), he was the fifth (I think) official Avenger. It's not an opinion I'd defend with knives, so to speak, but it's a handy argument for dealing with other nerds :)