Wednesday, July 18, 2012

San Diego Comic-Con: Part 1

Well, we survived!

It was an exhausting, but fun 41 hours (I counted) of comics, costumes, carcinogens, and other things beginning with 'c.'

NOTE: I say carcinogens as I probably ate my weight in hot dogs. Probably not healthy, but what you eat at a con doesn't count. This is a rule I came up with specifically so I can eat hot dogs at cons :)

Despite a few hiccups along the way, we did pretty well. We met a lot of existing fans and made some new ones. I did not see any celebrities, but then again, I don't watch much TV, so I wouldn't know what they looked like anyway.

Speaking of which, apparently I almost body-slammed some star I've never heard. In my defense, he was between me and a door that led to dinner. It's not my fault he wasn't looking out for 200-pounds of solid nerd that desperately needed a burger. Needless to say, Leigh thought this was hilarious.

In other news, I have a bunch of pictures that I will be putting up shortly. I used my iPad to take said pictures and now I have to figure out how to get them off it and onto my main machine so I can resize them for the web. In my defense, I figured that the iPad had a camera, so I didn't need to take my regular one.

Yeah, not a great idea.

Anyway, there will be more stories coming next week along with (hopefully) pictures.

Cheers,
-Jason

2 comments:

Captain Hesperus said...

Yay, picture goodness! Of course, the pictures were are really wanting to see are the ones with little speech bubbles on them and people doing painful things with sharp implements. Or I can re-send the sock draw ninjas. I've given them a new piece of equipment, a collapsible ladder to get themselves out of ninja pits...

Jason Janicki said...

And your wish is granted! Pictures from San Diego as well as the kind with speech bubbles!

And the ninjas will only get to use the ladders if they survive the fall :)