Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Ghost of Processors Past: Part 1

As you may have noticed, there will be no updates this week as Leigh is experiencing technical difficulties. Actually, Leigh himself is not experiencing difficulties, it’s his computer. I honestly don’t know if Leigh is personally having technical difficulties. I’m not exactly sure what kind of technical difficulties he would have.

Actually, that made me think about it and now I’m weirded/grossed out. Yet another mental image I really didn’t want and yet will remember forever.

If only I could use this power for good.

So, back to Leigh’s computer. He bought some RAM and a new video card and now his computer is a partially melted, smoking heap. And that was before he even put them in.

I kid. He installed everything, but now it won’t boot. He’s mystified. I’m mystified. Our actual, computer-literate friends are mystified. Computer hardware professionals are mystified. The FBI, CIA, the French Foreign Legion, and the State Department have been notified. We’re still waiting for a response.

In all honesty, I’m not surprised. Leigh has fairly frequent hardware problems. Weird hardware problems, like the strange, warbling scream that occurred whenever he booted up his last computer.

It’s like computers just commit suicide when he brings them home. This has led me to one inescapable conclusion: computers fear his house.

Tomorrow: Part 2

No comments: