Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Little Pacifists

So, I'm playing this game called Majesty 2. It's a fantasy-sim where you build up your town and hire heroes whom you send on quests and such. Each level has a theme or particular challenge and I've been going through them and having fun, but now I'm completely stuck on this one level.

You see, there are a couple of rival lords and my town is right between them, so I'm stuck betwixt an enemy sandwich, as it were, and their heroes keep stomping the snot out of my town.

The thing is, my heroes seem really loathe to attack the enemy. In fact, they often run away (even when they're much higher level) and it's driving me nuts. They will walk right by the enemy heroes as they're busily destroying my castle and completely ignore them in order to fight a rat or something equally wimpy.

The only thing I can come up with is that my little men are all pacifists and can't bear the thought of shedding a fellow heroe's blood. This is unfortunate, as it reduces me to screaming 'No! Attack him! Him! The guy with the sword who's murdering the peasant DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF YOU!' at my computer. Strangely enough, this does nothing to motivate my little guys.

I'm also sure my upstairs neighbor really appreciates this.

Anyway, if anyone knows a good tactic for getting past this level, let me know.

Have a good and safe weekend. We will be back next week with the usual updates and blogs.

Cheers,
-Jason

4 comments:

Gillsing said...

I've never played Majesty 2, but in the first game you used to place bounties on any monster that you wanted your heroes to kill. So on the off chance that you might have missed some kind of important feature like that, that'd be my suggestion.

Captain Hesperus said...

I can tell you where you're going wrong straight away. Your heroes may or may not be pacifists, but they could become blood-crazed murder machines with one simple trick.

Kidnap their families and threaten to grind them into mince to feed to your pet minotaurs.

It works for me all the time....

thejay said...

I've played it. Hope you have a decent income, because You'll need a lot of bounties. also, a bounty on an enemy castle means full-out war, and your heroes get that and engage with enemy heroes... I think. It was a long time ago.

Jason Janicki said...

Yeah, even if I place bounties, they still won't engage. They run up, get frightened, and run away. It's quite frustrating. They're supposed to live and die by my whim . . .

Hmmm, I like the way you think, Hesperus. Have you every player Dungeon Keeper II? You'd appreciate it :)

Thanks, thejay. I've actually finally gotten past it, though it was painful. I had to set a HUGE reward on my castle to get them to fight, but that did the trick. It took a long time, but eventually I was able to fully upgrade and my heroes were able to wipe the enemy villages out easily. Now for the next level . . . :)