Monday, December 3, 2007

Apologies

Sorry, but I'm feeling under the weather and will not be posting a blog today.

Well, anything other than this, as this is something. Not much of a something granted, but this is most definately a thing.

'Nothing' was orginally an insult in Old English, though they spelled it 'Nithing.' It meant that you literally did not exist, you were a 'no thing.' Those were fightin' words, so to speak.

They also had a wonderful insult about having sex with a troll. I'll save that one for the next time I'm feeling ill and slightly loopy (or loopier, as the case may be).

Anyway, there will be humor tomorrow, promise. Hint: Crates.

Cheers,
-Jason

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently an old Scottish joke:

A tourist couple arrive in a Highland village and enlist the services of a local guide. The man who shows them around is well informed, but a bit grumpy. "You see those houses?" he says. "I built all those houses. Do they call me Angus the housebuilder? You see those walls? I built all those walls. Do they call me Angus the wall builder? You see those bridges? I built all those. Do they call me Angus the bridge builder? I shag one troll . . ."

Did you see what I did there?

Feel ill soon again, willya? :-)

Jason Janicki said...

I'll start undercooking my chicken immediately :)

Anonymous said...

Forgive me if I sound too sheepish, but even the trolls thought that joke was baaaaaaad.

Then again it's hard to pull the wool over a trolls eyes, but all too easy to get their goats.