Thursday, October 4, 2007

How Big a Nerd Are You: Answers

1. What is Benders last name?
a. Rodriguez. His full name is Bender Bending Rodriguez.
2. In Dune (the original novel), what is the name of the Emperors house?
a. Corrino. His full name is Shaddam Corrino IV.
3. The Roman Legionnaires carried the gladius. What was the name of the longer sword used principally by the cavalry troops?
a. The spatha.
4. In the novel The Fellowship of the Ring, what is the name of the elf who comes upon Aragorn and the halflings after Frodo is stabbed on Weathertop?
a. Glorfindel. In the movie, its Arwen, which was done to give her more screen time and not add another character.
5. What is Kirks brothers name?
a. George Samuel Kirk, Jr.
6. In Star Wars (Episode IV: A New Hope), not including the Millennium Falcon, how many Rebel ships survive the attack on the Death Star (bonus points if you can recall what types of ships they were)?
a. Three. Two X-Wings and a Y-Wing. Wedge Antilles piloted one of the X-Wings, with Luke in the other. No clue on who was piloting the Y-Wing.
7. In Babylon 5 (the original TV show) how many Techno-Mages are actually seen on camera?
a. One.
8. What is a mud-die?
a. In the early days of DnD, the plastic used to make dice was too soft and their edges wore down rather quickly. They became known as mud-dice.
9. What does the H.P. in H.P. Lovecraft stand for?
a. Howard Phillips.
10. What is Caliburn an older name for?
a. Excaliber. Caliburn was the name used by Geoffrey of Monmouth (c. 1140) and it is believed to have been derived from Caledfwlch, which is first mentioned in the Malbinogion.

Cheers,
-Jason

4 comments:

Scutatus said...

Yup I got three to seven. :D (Gives himself a pat on the back) Oh, and my "suspicion" about number ten was right too.

I really should "trust my instincts" more.

Thanks for this little brain teaser, I quite enjoyed it. :D

Anonymous said...

My answer: Not Big Enough

I might be a nerd, but my laziness takes precedence. And some of that stuff I'd never even heard about. But now I know! :-D

Jason Janicki said...

And knowing is half the battle!

The other half is violence.

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm always half-proud, half-ashamed when I take these quizzes, as I do well, but realize how much of my life is caught up in this stuff :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, while Galen's mentor (Forgive me, I can't remember that guy's name or the name of his character. I do remember that he played an Arapaho warrior in Centennial and a pirate in Daniel Boone the TV show.) was the only technomage who was given a name on the original B5 series, there were at least three other technomages or implied technomages on screen at one point.