Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Insomnia: The Gift That Keeps on Giving



The ceiling in my bedroom is completely uninteresting. I know this because I spent an inordinate amount of time last night staring at it. It’s off-white and slightly textured. Some sort of entertainment value would have been nice, such as a light show or a spider. Two spiders would have been great, especially if they did a little dance or something. Like ‘Puttin’ on the Ritz.’ The larger spider would be Peter Boyle and the smaller one Gene Wilder. It would be amazing.

And I’m rambling, as I’m very tired and all the still-functioning brain cells are focused on keeping me awake, continent, and breathing. Clever is way down the list of necessary functions, so yeah.

I did, at one point, lapse into a dream where people were being murdered and I figured out that the entire thing was related to a comic book series, where if you could just decipher the codes in the issues, it would tell you who was next. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the whole series, so cue a frantic journey across town to comic book shops to buy the back issues and thus prevent a series of murders.

Unfortunately, I woke up before I could solve the case. Sorry, dream people, insomnia is a harsh mistress.

Now, if there were three spiders, they could do the whole ‘Sedagive’ scene.

At around seven or eight-ish, I could hear my neighbors start to get up and prepare for work. Due to the thin walls, I got to listen in on one side of a phone conversation that my upstairs neighbor was having. Apparently, Ray called in sick and my neighbor needed to get there earlier. She was not happy. I do not blame her.

At some point, I had another dream where I had to deliver packages, but there were zombies all over the place, so would have to roar up in my car, sprint to the door, fight off the zombies while the homeowner signed for the package, and then fight my way back to the car. Waiting for the signatures seemed excessive, but those were the rules.

Anyway, I hope to get a decent night’s sleep tonight so that I can actually, y’know, think tomorrow.

Maybe I’ll sew some tiny outfits for the spiders.

Cheers,
-Jason

No comments: